Friday, August 22, 2014

Skinny Chipotle Ranch



A week or so ago I made yogurt in the crockpot for the first time.  It was a huge success, and we've been using it in smoothies and eating it for breakfast.  I'd seen recipes that substituted yogurt for sour cream, but I'd never tried any of them.  With so much yogurt in the fridge, I decided that it was time to give it a go!

This chipotle ranch is sooooooo good!  We've eaten it with veggies, chips, and even as a spread on turkey sandwiches!  I used more peppers, because we LOVE spicy foods around here, but you can add more or less depending upon your preferences.

Even Squirrely Girl loved it, and she despises ranch!  Miss Bear said it was a little too hot for her, so next time I'd probably make two batches at different heat levels.  Bubba ended up eating it despite thinking it was hot.




Skinny Chipotle Ranch
 

  • 2 cups plain yogurt
  • 2-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,
  • 1 Packet Ranch dip mix (I used Hidden Valley because I had it on hand.  You could make your own mix to make this even healthier.)
  • Several tablespoons of adobo sauce (to your preference)

    Measure out your yogurt into a bowl. 
    Dice up your chipotle peppers.  Add them, plus a few tablespoons of adobo sauce, to the yogurt.
    Add Ranch dip mix.  Stir until combined.

We ate ours just after mixing it up, but it tastes even better after its had a chance to sit in the fridge.  The flavors meld together so nicely! 

ENJOY!

 





No comments: