Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Small Space Homeschooling Part 3: Homeschool Room

Ok, I have a confession to make:  We don't actually have a homeschool room!  Eek!








We're living in an apartment for awhile, and thus have a lot less space.  Since we no longer have an extra room to use as our homeschool room, I've had to get a little crafty with how to store all of our homeschooling goodies.  I've addressed how we do workboxes as well as the way we are storing our curriculum and related materials.



We actually just homeschool at our dining room table.  In a corner of our dining area, I have our calendar, Hebrew calendar from MFW, a spelling list, and a pocket chart.  On the side of one of the bookshelves the girls also have a clock they made from one of their workbooks.
    
On the other wall leading into the kitchen I used a little bit of the self-adhesive dry erase laminate that I bought from Hobby Lobby.  I had this on hand, so I figured I'd use this for now, and replace when needed with an actual board.

The border is just some cheap ribbon that we had in the kids craft bins.  I believe I found it for $1 at Dollar Tree.

 
 

 

I also made this little magnetic sign for our front door, that their friends in the neighborhood know when they're not allowed to play.

No comments: